HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Leessang(리쌍)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Leessang(리쌍)   Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 am

Leessang (Hangul: 리쌍; stylized as LeeSsang) is a South Korean Hip-hop duo, composed of Kang Hee-gun ("Gary") and Gil Seong-joon ("Gil"). Formed in 2002, Leessang is known for its collaborations with Drunken Tiger, Yoon Mi Rae, Big Mama King, Hwayobi, and many others. Leessang is composed of one vocalist and one rapper. The duo has released eight albums to date: two self-titled records in 2002 and 2003, Library of Soul in 2005, Black Sun in 2007, Baek-a Jeolhyeon (백아절현) in 2009, Hexagonal in late 2009, Asura Balbalta in 2011 and Unplugged in 2012.

Hip-hop duo Leessang have put their name on the line to establish their very own entertainment company.The duo will be maintaining a management relationship with their current long-time company, Jungle Entertainment. Leessang Company will work as a music business partner with Jungle Entertainment, planning performances and educating each other on their areas of expertise.

Leessang is part of the Movement, a Korean hip-hop crew, which includes several other well-known hip-hop artists:
    Bizzy
    Bobby Kim
    Buga Kingz
    Dok2
    Double K
    Drunken Tiger
    Dynamic Duo
    Epik High
    Eun Ji Won
    EXPLICIT LINEZ
    Insane Deegie
    Sean2Slow
    Yoon Mi Rae
    TBNY
    Yang Dong Geun

Members

Garie(often misspelled as Gary)
Birthname: Kang Hee-gun (Hangul: 강희건)
Date of Birth: February 24, 1978 (age 34)
Height: 1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)
Position: Rapper

Gil
Birthname: Gil Seong-joon (Hangul: 길성준)
Date of Birth: December 24, 1977 (age 34)
Height: 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
Position: Vocalist

Discography

《Unplugged》, 8th album (10th year anniversary)
《AsuRa BalBalTa》, 7th album
《HEXAGONAL》, 6th album
《Baekahjeolhyun (伯牙絶絃, 백아절현)》, 5th
《Black Sun》, 4th
《Library Of Soul》, 3rd
《Leessang Special》, Jungin
《Jae, Gyebal (재,계발)》, 2nd
《Lessang Of Honey Family》, 1st

Spoiler:

Last edited by filrho on Sat May 26, 2012 6:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 am

Leessang ft Tasha, Kwon Jungyeol OF 10CM - Turned off the TV

Leessang ft Jang Gi Ha & the Faces - Our Meeting(우리 지금 만나)

Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 am

Lessang ft Ali - I'm not laughing

Lessang ft Jung In - The girl who can't break up, the boy who can't leave

Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Unplugged   Sat May 26, 2012 3:39 am

Leessang - Hard to be Humble

Leessang ft Yoon Do Hyun of YB - Someday

Leessang - My love

Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 am

Leessang ft Ali - Ballerino

Leessang - Crown

Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Sat May 26, 2012 5:24 am

WooWoo~ Wraioo akougetai ^___^~
Plaka tha xe na mpei :D ~ ^___^

Tiiiiiii glikes pou einai ta molakia sto Hard to Be Humble!! ^_^

Kai o rithmoos einai wraioooos xD~

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaNaiiMyMusic
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Success 'n Awards..    Sat May 26, 2012 5:48 am

Meta apo duo xronia on hiatus epestrepsan to 2011 me to album Asura Balbalta, to opoio eixe megalh epituxia me 13 apo ta album's tracks charting on the Billboard k-pop hot 100! Malista duo songs, to "turn off the tv" kai to "reminiscence", skarfalwsan mexri to top 3 of the Melon Chart gia to Septemvrh..

Opws to Asura Balbalta, etsi kai to "Unplugged", to opoio proetoimazan ta teleutaia tria xronia k kukloforhse stis 25 Maiou, sarwse sta charts se ola ta music portal websites amesws!
Ta songs "Hard to be Humble" kai "My Love", which were revealed before the release of their album, skarfalwsan amesws meta tn kukloforia ts, stis 18 kai 23 Maiou antistoixa, sta charts opou maxontousan gia tn prwth 8esh, apodeiknuontas to appeal tn Leessang se ena euru fasma koinou!
Their title track "Someday" einai h prwth rock ballad tou group. Me to pou kukloforhse ektinax8hke k auto stn korufh beating ta duo prohgoumena pre-released tracks kai katalamvanontas tn prwth 8esh!
Aut t stigmh kai ta tria tragoudia are competing each other gia tn prwth, th deuterh kai thn trith 8esh on musical portal websites, opws Melon, Bugs Music and Olleh Music.

To comeback tn Leessang gia to 2012 me to 8o album tous "Unplugged" shmatodotei k th 10h epeteio apo th sustash tou group! Me auto to album 8eloun na deixoun ton alh8ino hxo ths analogikhs mousikhs pou einai hard to find these days.

Awards
    2002: Best Hip Hop gia to "Rush", M.net KM Music Video Festival
    2007: Song of the Month, Cyworld Digital Music Awards
    2009: Best Hip Hop kai Best Picture gia to "Can't breakup Girl, Can't Breakaway Boy", Mnet Asia Music Awards(MAMA)
    Bonsang, Cyworld Digital Music Awards
    Sudden Rise of the Year, Melon Music Awards
    2010: Best Collaboration giato "Rush feat Jung In" kai Bonsang, Cyworld Digital Music Awards
    2011: Top 10 Artist, Melon Music Awards
    Best Rap Performance, Mnet Asian Music Awards(MAMA)
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Sat May 26, 2012 5:54 am

DaNaii BJ and VIP wrote:
WooWoo~ Wraioo akougetai ^___^~
Plaka tha xe na mpei :D ~ ^___^

Tiiiiiii glikes pou einai ta molakia sto Hard to Be Humble!! ^_^

Kai o rithmoos einai wraioooos xD~

ta mikra einai pragmatika ola ta lefta!!! xD
kl nai to kainourgio album ta spaei.. k gnk egw hmoun pou hmoun fan apo prin.. twra pou m valan k t rock baaallaaad
me sklavwsane hahaha ;D
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Leessang establishes the ‘Leessang Company’   Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 am

Spoiler:

Hip-hop duo Leessang have put their name on the line to establish their very own entertainment company.

They stated on May 22, “We have developed ‘Leessang Company‘, a business of various content with the goal of professional entertainment in mind.”

Leessang has led their own path to pursue the kind of music they’ve wanted to create, spending a long time as “no-name” artists. Their hard work and dedication have paid off as they made their music into mainstream music.

They continued, “Truth is, the key to an artist’s longevity is concerts where they can effectively communicate with the audience… We think’s its only natural for an artist to be directing their own show and to be extremely involved in the planning process. Our dream is to begin studying the culture of performance, and show you performances that are characteristic of our group and brand.”

“The reality is that Korean artists are unable to show the audience many different things because the stage systems in Korea are inadequate. We hope that as we take a step forward, we will help artists put on performances of higher quality in a better environment.”

Leessang has recruited a famous directing team in preparation for Leessang Company and their planned world tour. They have also teamed up with experienced members of the entertainment industry in order to better plan and produce future performances.

The duo will be maintaining a management relationship with their current long-time company, Jungle Entertainment. Leessang Company will work as a music business partner with Jungle Entertainment, planning performances and educating each other on their areas of expertise.

Source & Image : SportsSeoul via Nate

Spoiler:

Last edited by filrho on Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 am

soompi before the release of the album:
Quote :
Spoiler:

Ahead of the release of their 8th studio album “Unplugged,” hip-hop duo Leesang released their music video for “Hard To Be Humble”.
The music video follows two young boys, representing Gary and Gil, and their mischief.

Their album “Unplugged” will be released next week on May 25. It will also mark their 10th year anniversary as performers.

Having the concept of ‘unplugged’ they have been working on the album for a long time. In a statement, Jungle Entertainment said “This album took three years to produce and is a highly-prepared album. Leessang has been working on the album since June, 2009. For this album, Leessang held various auditions to gather talented individuals to create their own band, the ‘LeeSsang Traveling Theater’ band. In order to create the sound and groove they wanted, they’ve been producing without end and working together for a while now.”

allkpop:
Quote :
Spoiler:

Leesang’s 8th album scheduled to drop May 15th has an ‘Unplugged’ concept, and it is already drawing attention ahead of it’s release for a few different reasons.

First, it is the group’s first album to drop in a year since ‘AsuRa BalBalTa‘ which received an explosive response from fans last year.

Second, Leessang has actually been working on this album for the past three years. This 8th album was produced to commemorate their 10th anniversary of being in the music industry, and production began back in June of 2009. They held multiple auditions to hire the most talented and experienced musicians to create their own band, ‘Leessang Traveling Theater‘. The band has consistently worked together over a long period of time to produce just the groove and sound they were looking for.

Third, Leessang has decided to eliminate all electronic instruments for this new album, and therefore their new project is full of completely analog sounds created by musicians personally playing the traditional instruments. The hip hop duo devoted all of their time and effort on this new album. Leessang reportedly did not hold back on renting out a recording studio for several months, and obtained different instruments from all over the world in order to raise the quality of their vintage sound and their album as a whole. During the completion stages, they even went overseas a few times to perfectly finish their album.

In a generation where digital albums are rampant and artists are eager to release ephemeral singles, Leessang’s efforts seem almost foolishy bold. Mini-albums are universal in this market, but Leessang has stubbornly chosen to release only formal, full-length albums and have proven their status as genuine singer/songwriters.

“The reasons are simple,” they said. “Music has been a dream of ours since we were poor, and this is our way of giving back to the fans who showed us endless love and support, and an investment towards our next goals and dreams. Even we are not sure as to what kinds of sides of ourselves we will continue to show you in the future, but one thing is for sure. As long as we are still able to do music, we will not stop trying.”

Meanwhile, Leessang, who will be pre-releasing the first song from their full-length 8th album on May 18th, is currently busy rehearsing for ‘Leessang Theater 2′ scheduled to launch July 14th and 15th. In preparation for this nationwide tour, the members have recruited famous performance producers into their Leessang Company.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: The true entertainers..   Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 am

[Star Encyclopedia 2.0] LeeSsang, the True Entertainers

2012-05-26 20:01 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Park, HyunMin
Translation Credit : Stewart Ho

Gary and Gil, the indie hip-hop duo who still give off that friendly neighborhood hyung, oppa and uncle-like feel.
One of Korea’s most representative hip-hop groups, LeeSsang released its eight album Unplugged, on May 25, making a much-anticipated return to the music scene.
Spoiler:

In addition to the title song Someday, the singles Hard to be Humble, I Learn From You (My Love) and the other songs, with a total of 13 tracks, swept online music charts in the same manner as they did with their previous album.
Who could have thought LeeSsang would have come so far ten years ago? Not just excelling in gayo but in acting and variety and even in business, enews decided to examine the group.

Fighting Power

Gary and Gil first met each other in 1998 as members of the group X-Teen. The two then went on to join Honey Family and gathered a dedicated fan base through its activities in 1999 and 2000. Though some of their songs became widely known, less familiar were their faces.
In the 2000 album 2000 Korea, Gil, Gary and Diggy Lee recorded a track together as a trio team called ‘Poon Ryu Ga’ which later became the LeeSsang today.
The Gary-Gil duo LeeSsang released its first album in 2002. It was the song Rush that helped LeeSsang to gain recognition. The song succeeded in its harmony with LeeSsang’s flow and Jung In’s unique and mysterious voice.
LeeSsang and Jung In’s work together is still evident in LeeSsang’s newest album. Of course, in addition to Jung In, LeeSsang now collaborates with a slew of other well-known vocalists including Ali, BMK, Lee Juk, Kim Bum Soo and others.
Each collaboration track seemed to match the song’s vocalist which resulted in showing a diverse range of musical colors from LeeSsang.
Though many had previously said, “Whatever song LeeSsang produces, it resonates,” the statement is fully evident with this latest album.
Spoiler:

Synergy with Yoo Jae Suk

Gil first joined MBC’s Infinity Challenge as its eighth member and was followed by Gary joining SBS’ Running Man.
In addition to both being Korea′s top variety programs, both were led by the ‘Nation’s MC’, Yoo Jae Suk. Yoo Jae Suk is widely accredited to helping bring out the LeeSsang member’s individual characters to give them a bigger individual identity.
Though hip-hop artists and artists with a lot of emotional depth in their music, the two were able to still overcome any barriers between them and the public through the variety shows.
In a past interview, the LeeSsang members shared, “Even when we were sitting, no one knew we were LeeSsang. [Now] even if we try and hide or cover up, people recognize us.”
Spoiler:

The Same LeeSssang 10 Years From Now? No, Unpredictable LeeSsang

Through television appearances, interviews and their music, Gary and Gil honestly reveal their past and life’s happenings.
Of course, one reason they may be able to express their past so confidently today is due to their established success now. If they continue to maintain this pattern of appearing steadily on television and releasing an album or two along the way, they may be able to maintain their success.
However, the LeeSsang today is showing no fear of changes in the future.
A good example of this is found in LeeSsang’s recently released Unplugged. For this album, LeeSsang traveled the world to find all sorts of instruments and items while collecting some of the bst musicians to create its band.
To really show the public what a ‘cross-over’ is like, this album contains a wide variety of music from punk to bossa nova to retro.
In addition, the two members recently created their performance-oriented company, LeeSsang Company.
“We want to create an entertainment agency focused on creative a diverse range of contents. We also want to create environments where even better stage performances can happen,” they explained. With this new development, the two have added the title of CEO to their names.
Choosing not to be comfortable with the present and not fearing the future and crashing into new barriers, LeeSsang’s mindset of always attempting to cross new frontiers will surely continue to remain.
Because of this, predicting LeeSsang’s appearance ten years from now is difficult to say. But we′ll continue to anticipate LeeSsang’s music and thoughts to be even more deep and true.

Photo credit: Jungle Entertainment

source: http://enewsworld.mnet.com/main/main.asp
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Tue May 29, 2012 11:48 am

"lolol" ahaahha i looove him~~ xD <3 (dn xerw an shmainei kt st koreatika h an ontws leei lolol pantws egw elusa~)
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 am

[LeeSSang is back with their 8th album [Unplugged] in commemoration of their 10th anniversary, having fulfilled the "LeeSSang syndrome", "chart all-kill" and "record long-runs" last year.

[Unplugged] contains 13 colors for each of the tracks including the title song "Someday"; "Hard to be Humble" which reproduces the retro band sounds of the 60s and 70s; "My Love" which is a love song with a dreamy and dramatic arrangement; "Hola" giving the impression that one has been invited to a festival in Cuba; "In Search of Happiness" resembling a memoir; "Casanova" which straightforwardly expresses the thoughts of guys at a club on a Friday night; "Gary and Giri's third story" which is an honest story for LeeSSang themselves; "Everyone seems to change" which is a remake of Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter's song with LeeSSang's stylish senses; "I want to cry" by the late Lee Nam Ee; and "Bururi" which is an exquisite combination of rock and hip-hop. The album is direct evidence that LeeSSang has become musicians able to perfectly cover all kinds of music, regardless of genre.]
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:15 pm

gia kapoio logo to allo video dn uparxei pia.. (vsk m vgazei this video is private) opote xana anevazw to MV tou "hard to be humble"..
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Gary makes a shocking proposal on KBS2's "Entertainment Weekly"

Spoiler:

Gary of Leessang revealed a shocking bet he made.

On June 2nd, on KBS2‘s ‘Entertainment Weekly‘, an exclusive interview was held featuring the stars of the new drama ‘Big‘ such as Gong Yoo, Lee Min Jung, Suzy, along with Han Ji Min of ‘Guerilla Date‘.

The group Leessang, who is currently involved in promotional activities for their new album ‘Unplugged’ was also featured on this episode. Gary commented, “I wonder if this is okay to mention. If the tickets for our concert sell out, I made a bet to take off my pants. If I’m going to do it, I better go for it all the way. Half the tickets have been sold already,” revealing both his enthusiasm and nervousness about the success of the ticket sales.

Gary also said, “When I have performances as enjoyable as today’s, I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life“. Gil added, “Even when I become gray, I want to be the guy that still shouts ‘Say Ho’.

Spoiler:

Source & Image: Nate

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:01 pm

oxi oti 8a to dei k kaneis.. alla please VOTE for leessang st Mnet's 20s choice!!
einai st kathgoria Online Music(6) kai o Garie einai upopshfios stn kathgoria Variety Star(10) ^^
(kala st 6 einai apenanti se IU, Seven, T-ara k sun tois allois mphka k se dillhma gt einai upopshfioi k oi Busker Busker :/ anyway~)
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Spoiler:

credits: Harry Kim@FB

Gil comments on being ‘the unfunny character’
Spoiler:

Quote :
Gil confessed his honest thoughts about being on variety shows.

Leessang‘s Gil appeared on the episode of KBS 2TV‘s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook‘ that aired on June 15th and shared his thoughts on being ‘the unfunny character’ on variety shows.

MC Yoo Hee Yeol joked that “Gil isn’t much fun on variety shows. However, he goes around announcing that he is ‘the Almighty’ of the music industry.”

In response Gil said, “I do wish I could be funny when I go on variety shows..” and then pretended to shed tears. He especially elicited a lot of laughter by taking off his sunglasses to wipe his tears and then pretending to stab his eye with the sunglasses.

He added, “I am thankful that I even inherited Hyeong-don‘s position of being the unfunny character. If I keep practicing, I wonder if I will be able to be naturally funny in the future without having to try” and “I have been at it for about 7 years. The hyungs told me that I need at least 10 years of experience.”
Spoiler:

Source & Image: Nate (allkpop)

SISTAR, LeeSSang, and PSY to stand on the same stage for ‘StayG’ concert
Spoiler:

Quote :
Girl group SISTAR, hip hop duo LeeSSang, and singer PSY will be standing on the same stage.

The three artists will be launching the ‘StayG‘ concert series for online shopping mall Gmarket at Jamsil Stadium on June 23rd.

Their names alone are enough to draw public interest, but the show is garnering further attention as ‘Brave Rascals‘ members Shin Bora, Park Sung Kwang, and Jung Tae Ho will also be opening for the performance.

An insider remarked, “Psy himself is a well-known brand of the concert world- he requires no introduction or explanation.”

“He personally participated in planning and directing this concert, and he is preparing to show his audience the greatest show ever,” the rep continued. ”The collaboration of LeeSSang and SISTAR can come off a bit awkward, but as far as vocal and musical talent goes, they are the some of the greatest groups of Korea.”

“We hope everyone will enjoy the harmony of these musicians,” the rep added. “The fresh stage of ‘Brave Rascals’ will add to the fun of the show as well.”

Source & Image: OSEN
(allkpop)

Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Re: Leessang(리쌍)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Leessang, Tiger JK, & Bizzy for clothing brand, ‘CONCEPTS 1 ONE’
Spoiler:

Hip hop artists Leessang, Tiger JK, and Bizzy have suited up for their photoshoot with clothing brand, ‘CONCEPTS 1 ONE‘.

The Jungle Entertainment artists normally sport casual wear, but they cleaned up quite nicely for their pictorial, exhibiting a suave charm and more masculine appeal.

As always, Tiger JK brought his swag to the forefront when he posed for the camera, looking dapper in a simple blazer and a collared shirt. He accented his outfit by slightly tilting his fedora, giving his overall outfit a unique effect.

Leessang’s pictures drew particular attention, thanks to Gil‘s sharp look and Gary‘s rugged charisma. As for Bizzy, the rapper donned a quirky look with his short tie and sky blue pants; the look is carried off successfully thanks to his slicked back hair and strong expression.

‘Concepts 1 One’ is a clothing brand by Giordano that boasts of bringing consumers a “classically casual and stylish American fashion”.
Spoiler:

Source & Image: MyDaily
Back to top Go down
filrho
♥♥

PostSubject: Discography   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Studio Albums

-Leessang Of Honey Family
Release Date: June 27, 2002
tracklist
Spoiler:

-Jae, Gyebal (재,계발)
Release Date: May 22, 2003
tracklist
Spoiler:

(-Leessang Special Album featuring Jung In, 2004)

-Library of Soul
Release Date: October 13, 2005
tracklist
Spoiler:

-Black Sun
Release Date: May 15, 2007
tracklist
Spoiler:

-Baekahjeolhyun (伯牙絶絃, 백아절현)
Release Date: January 8, 2009
tracklist
Spoiler: