HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

IU's News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU clears up rumors that she’s ‘arrogant and rude’   Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 am

IU clears up rumors that she’s ‘arrogant and rude’

IU recently clarified some rumors surrounding herself.

The idol appeared on SBS’s “Night After Night” on April 4th, and explained the rumor that she was ‘arrogant even at a young age’.

“When I sing, my voice is thin and high but my normal voice is deep and low. So people think I talk to them as if I’m mad. I have been asked before if I have been looking down on them,” she said.

She continued to clarify, “I’m very shy and I was chubby after I debuted, so no one knew I was a celebrity. Even a security guard at a broadcasting station tried to force me out. There were many seniors who wouldn’t receive my greeting, so I used to bow to them and run away.”

Singer Kan Mi Youn revealed that she was one of the seniors who thought IU was arrogant and rude. She jokingly confessed, “A few years ago, I saw IU for the first time. She just bowed her head and went away. Newbies normally bow 90 degrees, and I wouldn’t have forgiven her if she couldn’t even sing well.”

Source: TV Daily via Yahoo Korea
allkpop
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU’s 1Q Digital Sales Revenue Highest in Korea   Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:00 pm

IU’s 1Q Digital Sales Revenue Highest in Korea

IU recorded the highest digital sales revenue in Korea over the last three months, local media reported Wednesday citing a sales revenue report by SK Telecom’s Music License Bank, one of Korea’s largest online music distributors. According to the report, IU’s mini album “Real” and repackaged album “Real Plus” generated over 60 million won (5.5 million USD) in sales revenue in the first quarter of this year, which is the highest among all Korean singers. IU’s digital sales revenue beat out other popular idol groups such as TVXQ and Big Bang during the same period, reflecting her explosive popularity in Korea. IU topped various Korean music charts in the first quarter with her consecutive hit singles, “Good Day” and “The Story Only I Didn’t Know.” Her other singles “This is Awkward” and “Someday” from the KBS drama “Dream High” OST also were massive hits in that period, earning her the nickname “Trendy IU.” IU currently serves as the main MC of SBS “Inkigayo.”

cr:soompi
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU “I Had an Inferiority Complex about My Look”   Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 am

IU “I Had an Inferiority Complex about My Look”

IU surprised many, revealing that she had an inferiority complex about her look.

IU, appearing on “Goldfish – Radio star” aired on the 6th, played the guitar and sang “Video Killed the Radio Star” a song by the Buggles.

IU explained that “this is the song that I sang as Pil-Suk in Dream High, the soap opera I recently appeared in. In the play, Pil-Suk sings well but could not really dream about becoming a singer because of her inferiority complex about her look. This is the song she sang as she was on her diet.”

She continued, “as I sang this song, I thought that I would rather remain as a radio star even though that might mean I will be less popular.”

When MC Kim Gu Ra asked whether she had negatively thought of her appearance, she revealed that “to be honest, I felt inferior while I went about auditioning.”

On the other hand, the singer Lee Jung and Park Wan Gyu also appeared on ‘Radio Star’ while on ‘Murupak Dosa’, Kim Tae Won from the band ‘Bu-Hwal’ told his life stories full of ups and downs, continuing from last week.

By Yun Bo Ra (bora@jtn.co.kr)
Source: JTN News
Photo from JTN News

Translated by Yesul Kwak / Korea.com

(Source: luv-iu)
Back to top Go down
tiana
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: 1234567899632145   Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 am

IU and Seo In Kook look friendly on and off camera

Very friendly pictures between singers IU and Seo In Kook have been revealed.

On April 14th, a famous online portal bulletin uploaded the photos (seen above) along with the comment, “The always joyful photoshoot of IU and Seo In Kook.”

In the pictures, the two singers are displaying a cute ‘campus couple’ atmosphere for an advertisement photoshoot. With her pigtails and suspenders, IU is fully showing off her cute charms. Seo In Kook, on the other hand, is showing off his broad shoulders in a pinstriped shirt. Also, their pleasant appearance even off camera has been garnering much interest.

Netizens stated, “The two are lasting a long time as a pictorial couple” and “They really look good together! Take this chance and date each other!”

Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate

Τι γλυκό ζευγάρι (και)αυτό!!
Ολο γούτσι γούτσι και γελάκια..!
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: Re: IU's News   Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:32 am

xm....den 3erw....teleutea epidh anevesh h kariera ths siga siga thn vazoun me diaforous kai exoun dimiourgi8h antipa8ies pros sto prosopo ths ...pou h misoi apo autous den ths aresoun kiolas!
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU and Park Shin Yang to appear as guests on 'Sweet Hometown Trip'   Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:08 am

IU and Park Shin Yang to appear as guests on 'Sweet Hometown Trip'

On April 18th, SBS variety programme ‘Sweet Hometown Trip’ revealed its filming studio during recording.

This show challenges top stars to send gifts to back to their good friends or important people from their hometown or alma mater. In order for guests participating in the show to meet up with their friends, instead of having them make visits personally, using state-of-the art technology and a large LED screen, they can carry out conversations in real time between Seoul and their hometown.

IU received the chance to meet her juniors at her alma mater, Gwangjin Middle School, as well as her friend and elder cousin who sought to meet up with her live. Her elder cousin also expressed their grandmother’s wish to receive a television as a present, which drew laughter from everyone.

The show is scheduled to begin its first broadcast on April 22nd, featuring not the guests from this recording, but pre-recorded footage of TVXQ Yunho and Lee Young Ah who made guest appearances earlier on.

Details unrelated to IU were left out of this translation.

Visit WeHeartIU for more IU goodies!

Credit: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
Source: tvdaily
Original article: http://tvdaily.mk.co
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU performs movie OST   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:14 pm

IU performs movie OST

IU unfolded her first movie OST stage wonderfully.

On April 25th, a cute angel arrived at Seoul's Kumho Art Hall, where the upcoming animation movie, 'Leafie, A Hen Into The Wild', held its production briefing. On this day, IU performed the movie OST 'Melody of the Wind' and showcased her powerful vocals surpassing that of 'Good Day' previously, enrapturing the reporters present at the event with her skillful handling of the high notes.

After her performance, IU said, "This is the first time I'm taking up the challenge of a movie OST. I'm glad to have been part of this", and greeted everyone shyly.

The movie is scheduled to be released in July 2011.

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
Sources: Newsen, Sports Seoul, TVreport via Nate
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: old news weriuopiy7utre   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:45 am

IU and Yoo Seung Ho Meet in Animation Film “The Hen that Left the Yard”

IU and Yoo Seung Ho both play major roles in the upcoming animation film “The Hen that Left the Yard.” In this animation film co-produced by Myung Films and Odoldogi, IU sings the main track of the OST while Yoo Seung Ho does voice acting for the leading role, “Cho Rok.” The two made an appearance at the movie premiere held on Apr. 25th. The film portrays the motherly love of a hen (played by Moon So Ri) that accidentally discovers a forbidden baby duck (Yoo Seung Ho). Some of Korea’s top stars did voice acting for this animation film, including Moon So Ri, Choi Min Sik, and Park Chul Min.

Yoo Seung Ho, the star actor from MBC drama “Flames of Desire,” told the press, “I’m still growing as an actor, but I want to gradually turn myself into a more mature actor and play diverse roles.” At the press conference, IU also gave a live performance of the film’s main track, “Melody of the Wind.” This film featuring two of the most promising young stars of K-Pop will be released this July in Korea, as well as some 1,000 theaters in China. It will also debut in the western market when it’s shown at the Cannes Film Festival this May.

cr:soompi
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: “I Am A Singer” producer is considering IU & Yang Hee Eun   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:26 pm

“I Am A Singer” producer is considering IU & Yang Hee Eun

The new head of MBC’s “I Am A Singer”, producer Shin Jung Soo, has listed the names of singers he is trying to recruit to the show.

“I’ve contacted IU and Yang Hee Eun,” said producer Shin at the show’s press conference which was held on the 29th at the MBC studio in Seoul.

‘I Am a Singer’ does not have a policy on who can appear on the show. “I don’t count out idols,” said Shin.

However, he also added that he will not bother someone who disagrees with the survival aspect of the show. “I don’t see the need to force a singer who disagrees with the survival notion,” said Producer Shin. He added, “We ask them if they agree with our system at the interview.”

He also mentioned, “No singer on the show is perfect and anyone can appear as long as he/she agrees with the survival aspect.”

In addition to IU and Yang Hee Eun, Shin is also currently recruiting an indie band. “I can’t say who. For every ten people we contact, six of them show interest but four say the show doesn’t meet their professional goal.”

‘I’m a Singer’ currently features the original singers, Lee So Ra, Park Jung Hyun, Kim Bum Soo and Yoon Do Hyun, and the new contestants, Kim Yeon Woo, Im Jae Bum and BMK. The new episode airs on May 1st.

Source: Daum
allkpop
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: KBS 'At Your Command', IU appears on show without makeup and jumps rope with Lee Soo Geun   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 pm

KBS 'At Your Command', IU appears on show without makeup and jumps rope with Lee Soo Geun

On the KBS 2TV show 'At Your Command', a startled IU jumped rope as a couple with Lee Soo Geun and appeared on the show without any makeup on.

Singer IU showed great professional spirit when she had to make a sudden appearance on the show which was broadcasted on April 30th. During the recent recording of the show, Lee Soo Geun received the mission to "jump rope as a couple for 10 times with an entertainer of the opposite gender". While looking for his heroine, he discovered IU who happened to be at the broadcasting station for a radio recording without any makeup on and hastily casted her into the show.

Looking around the KBS Radio Open Studio and seeing that IU was just in time to appear as a guest, Lee Soo Geun stealthily carried out his attack. IU who was 100% free of makeup and wearing spectacles was completely caught off guard by the attack.

However, she casted aside the fact that she had no makeup on and showcased great teamwork with Lee Soo Geun to complete the mission successfully, creating a cordial atmosphere.

Meanwhile, viewers commented, "IU looks really pretty", "Other idols would probably escape from the situation. If I had no makeup on, I would be running away", "Lee Soo Geun caught a big fish keke", "Even without makeup she is of goddess status. IU is the best", and other warm responses, not hesitating to compliment IU for her behaviour.

Video

Sources: newsen, tv report, mk via nate
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU gives strength to Suwon FC to help put an end to their consecutive defeats   Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 am

IU gives strength to Suwon FC to help put an end to their consecutive defeats

Suwon Samsung Football Club, which has suffered two consecutive losses, has enlisted the help of IU to give their team strength.

On May 7th, IU will be performing during the Hyundai Oilbank 2011 K-League 9th round match held at the Suwon World Cup Stadium, between Suwon Samsung Bluewings and Chunnam Dragons.

On this day, IU will be wearing Suwon's sapphire blue uniform. During the half-time performance, she will be making an appearance with these sapphire blue "wings" (representing the Samsung Bluewings team) and singing her widely popular songs, 'Good Day' and 'Marshmallow'.

To build rapport with the Suwon FC fans, she will also be leading them in singing the Beatles' song "Yellow Submarine" to wish for their team's victory. Last year, Suwon FC also invited Uee, Kim Yuna, Han Hyo Joo, Han Ga In, Kara, and other female sports stars and entertainers to get closer to their fans.

Among them, girl group Kara performed twice and brought good luck for the Suwon team to help them emerge victorious. Kara was hereafter dubbed as 'goddesses of victory'. This year, Suwon is silently wishing that IU will become their 'goddess of victory'.

Last month, on April 24th, during a video interview played during their match against Gyeongnam FC, IU motivated the team with the message, "Bluewings oppas way to go! If '3-level high note' IU comes, you should have no problems getting 3 goals right? Aja aja aja!! Goal! Goal! Goal! Bluewings fighting!"

Source: Joy News via Nate
Original article: http://sports.news.n.../20110501n09153
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU’s ecstatic after learning that Taeyang chose her as his favorite “Heroes” member    Sun May 01, 2011 1:24 pm

IU’s ecstatic after learning that Taeyang chose her as his favorite “Heroes” member

On the latest episode of SBS’s “Heroes”, singer IU was absolutely ecstatic when she found out her ideal man, Big Bang’s Taeyang, had chosen her as his favorite “Heroes” member.

In the popularity survey, for which 100 male idol stars took part in, each participant were required to write down their three favorite “Heroes” member in ranking.

It was revealed that three idol participants, 2PM’s Wooyoung, Super Junior’s Eunhyuk, and Big Bang’s Taeyang, had written IU for all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spots.

IU remained timid, but relaxed when Wooyoung and Eunhyuk’s names were called out. However, the moment Taeyang’s name was revealed, IU immediately jumped up and down like a crazed fangirl.

video

Spoiler:

Source: Newsen via Daum

~~~~~

to exei kapsh to mikro o kontos Taeyang !

Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU increases Mexicana sales, up more than 30% from last year   Mon May 02, 2011 4:13 am

IU increases Mexicana sales, up more than 30% from last year

The power of idol groups is sweeping across the franchise fried chicken industry. For the chicken brand market, it’s difficult to find anyone as appealing as an ‘idol’ to teenage or family consumers.

With all the top brands, such as Mexicana, Goobne, MasDay Chicken, BBQ, BHC and HotSun Chicken employing idols as their company sponsors, the fierce battle within the chicken industry has begun.

Mexicana chose IU as their 2011 model, using such fierce marketing tactics such as diaries and bromides. IU is an idol who is loved by the entire generation. Not only through singing but acting as well, her strong point lies in her friendly image as the ‘Nation’s Little Sister.’ A PR representative stated “Last month’s sales are up 30% from the same period as the previous year, meaning the ‘IU Effect’ is clearly visible.”

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU.com, janeberryblue @ WeHeartIU.com
Source: HanKyung
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU and Shin Bong Sun revealed as guests on 'Running Man' through twitter spoilers    Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 am

IU and Shin Bong Sun revealed as guests on 'Running Man' through twitter spoilers

Singer IU and gagwoman Shin Bong Sun participated as guests in the recording of SBS 'Running Man'.

On May 2nd, according to sources from 'Running Man', IU and Shin Bong Sun were involved in the filming session at Daegu Stadium since morning.

The filming concept follows a format which is that members on the show have to search for hidden guests amidst the crowds, while members of the production crew are careful to hide the identity of the guests.

However, the residents who witnessed the filming tweeted, "Today's 'Running Man' guests are IU and Shin Bong Sun'", resulting in the identities of the guests being exposed.

In the show 'Heroes', which ended on May 1st, IU and Shin Bong Sun showed great teamwork and drew much attention for their similarity in physical attributes, thus their appearance on 'Running Man' is highly anticipated. Hopefully, being able to watch them on this show after 'Heroes' will appease frustrated fans.

Source: star news, asiae via nate
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU is practicing hard whenever she can find spare time between her schedules   Wed May 04, 2011 8:22 am

IU is practicing hard whenever she can find spare time between her schedules

'The nation's little sister' IU is hooked on figure skating practice.

A spokesperson from IU's agency met with reporters on the 4th and expressed, "IU can't set aside specific times to practice, but whenever she can find spare time between her schedules, she is really practicing hard."

On May 3rd, IU, together with other celebrities, had their first profile shoot for the SBS Program, "Kim Yuna's Kiss and Cry". Currently undergoing intensive training in ice skating, they are now able to put on their skates and adopt natural poses and give mature impressions. In particular, on this day, IU put on her skates and adopted a relaxed pose while balancing on one foot.

The production crew also revealed, "Initially, IU absolutely could not ice skate, but now her skill has improved so much that she can even balance on one foot." They also added, "She herself is putting in a considerable amount of effort and making quick progress as a result."

It was previously revealed that Kim Yuna, being a fan of IU, also recommended her for the show. According to the PD of the program, Kim Yuna enjoys listening to and singing IU's songs. On an episode of the SBS program 'Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate' broadcasted last year, when Kim Yuna appeared on the show, she sang IU's "Riding on a Train" and considers herself to be an 'IU fan'.

During the shoot on May 3rd, Kim Yuna and IU met for the first time as mentor and mentee. On this day, one of the studios at the Ilsan SBS Production Centre was remodeled into a skating rink to record interviews with the members on the show. It is also rumoured that Kim Yuna showcased her vocal skills by singing IU's "Riding on a Train" again during their first meeting, which lightened the mood during filming. The production crew stated, "Although it was their first meeting, it felt like they had known each other for a long time. There was no awkwardness at all as and filming went smoothly" and "Kim Yuna was quite satisfied with what she saw of the skills everyone had mastered so far."

Source: nate
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: f(x) wins 1st place on Inkigayo, IU gives Luna a hug   Sun May 08, 2011 12:58 pm

f(x) wins 1st place on Inkigayo, IU gives Luna a hug

Girl group f(x) came in 1st place on Inkigayo and received words of congratulations from many other fellow kpop singers, instantly evoking a sense of warmth on stage.

On SBS 'Inkigayo' which was broadcasted on May 8th, f(x)'s title song 'Pinocchio' from their first official album won the mutizen award.

Right after they received their award, 'Inkigayo' MC IU and Luna gave each other warm hugs, sharing their joy with one another.

(Note: Parts of the article not related to IU were omitted from this translation)

Source: Sport Today via Nate
Original article: http://news.nate.com.../20110508n07641

Video

~~~~~

ok 8a elega oti h Luna thn agkaliase alla ok!!!
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU releases “Memories of the Sea” for ‘Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea   Mon May 09, 2011 3:07 am

IU releases “Memories of the Sea” for ‘Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea

On May 9th, the organizing committee of the ‘Expo 2012 Yeosu Korea‘ officially appointed singer IU as its honorary ambassador.

To commemorate the event, they have released the theme song sung by IU for this year’s Expo, “Memories of the Sea“. Since the Expo is an international affair that attracts tourists from around the world, IU delivered both a Korean and English version of the song.

“Memories of the Sea” was composed by Yoon Sang and lyrics were contributed by Park Chang Hak.

Check out both versions of the song below, and if you’re in the city of Yeosu this summer, be sure to check out the Expo from May 12th to August 12th!

“Memories of the Sea”

Pics

Source: Sports News via Nate
Tip: Matt
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU to perform for Teacher's Day special event in Seoul   Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 am

IU to perform for Teacher's Day special event in Seoul

The Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education revealed today that they will be holding an exciting event to celebrate Teacher's Day which falls on the coming 15th this month.

On May 13th, this Teacher's Day event, 'Teacher! Teacher! Our teacher!' will be held at the Seoul Education Training Institute. During the event, there will be an awards ceremony, teachers and students will share interesting experiences, play traditional games together and popular singer IU is also scheduled to perform.

In order to boost the morale of teachers, in the month of May, there will be all kinds of performances as well as book sale discounts for teachers during this period.

(Note: Parts of the article unrelated to IU were omitted from this translation)

Source: Hankyung via nate
Original article: http://news.nate.com.../20110510n05241
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU to make guest appearance on Sung Si Kyung's concert   Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 pm

IU to make guest appearance on Sung Si Kyung's concert

IU, as well as Lena Park, will be guest performing for Sung Si Kyung's concert.

The concert which will take place on May 28th and 29th is in commemoration of Sung Si Kyung's 7th album release and he has invited IU and Lena Park as guests. Furthermore, during this concert, Yoon Sang will be joining him on stage as a guest too (Note: Yoon Sang has composed many of IU's songs including the recent EXPO 2012 theme song 'Memories of the Sea').

Together with his high profile guests, Sung Si Kyung will be holding this concert at the Seoul Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium.

(Note: Details unrelated to IU were omitted from this translation)

Source: mk via nate
Original article: http://news.nate.com.../20110511n12701
Back to top Go down
NunaNena
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: IU's first performance in Japan for 'Tokyo Legend 2011'    Sun May 15, 2011 9:08 am

IU's first performance in Japan for 'Tokyo Legend 2011'

16 teams including TVXQ, SHINee, 2PM, 2AM, IU, FT Island, B2ST, MBLAQ, Supernova, ZE:A, SG Wannabe, Secret, Miss A, f(x), 4Minute and Sistar performed on one stage in Japan where the Kpop idol wave is sweeping across rapidly.

On May 14th, as part of MBC's Japan special, the GFSC (Good Friends Save the Children) "Tohoku Earthquake" Charity Campaign event, otherwise known as "Tokyo Legend 2011" was held at the Saitama Super Arena.

Before the concert, all the performing artistes participated in a press conference and expressed their thoughts regarding the first large-scale concert since the Japan earthquake.

IU and Miss A, who were performing in Japan for the first time, showed nervous expressions. "I'm nervous about my first performance in Japan. I hope to leave a good impression on the audience after my performance," IU stated shyly.

(Note: Parts of the article unrelated to IU were omitted from this translation.)

Source: my daily
Original article: http://www.mydaily.c...105151013461110
Back to top Go down
tiana
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: Re: IU's News   Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 am

XAXA!!tO AR8RO EINAI PERSINO-TETOION KAIRO VGHKE-ALLA EIXE PLAKA K EIPA NA TO POSTARW!!oXI NA MAS ANAKATWSEI KAI H iIU TWRA KAI NA VGEI KI APO PANW AP'TON SIMON D!loL!!
Peace aderfia!! <3 <3
IU, Simon D, Lee Hyun Phone Triangle
Singer IU expressed disappointment towards Simon D of Supreme Team, garnering interest.

IU had everyone curious when she said on MBC “Quiz To Change The World,” aired on the 7th, “I’m sad because of Simon D oppa.” She confessed, “I had a fixed appearance on the same radio program as Simon D oppa. I thought that we got to be really close so on the last airing date, I asked him for his number.”

Continuing, she expressed her disappointment, saying, “As he gave me his number, oppa said, ‘Let’s contact each other frequently,’ but when I sent him about 3 text messages, he never replied back.

The MCs asked Simon D, “Why didn’t you reply,” and Simon D said jokingly, “It’s because I’m not easy.”
On the other hand, 8eight’s Lee Hyun, who also appeared on the show, said “I also asked IU for her number but she said ‘I don’t have a phone,’” putting IU in a difficult situation. She explained, saying, “When I was close with Lee Hyun oppa, I didn’t have a cellphone. To tell the truth, I like nice Lee Hyun oppa over Simon D oppa.”

S: DailySports
Original Article: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid ... 2351421001
Back to top Go down
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: IU's News   Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 am

IU tried to impress fans with airport fashion?

IU revealed her stress over airport fashion.

On the recent episode of SBS‘ ‘Strong Heart‘, IU shared she usually went to the airport in casual clothes, and her fans had advised her to be more fashionable.

The singer revealed that she online chats often with her fans, and shared, “During a chat, one fan shocked me when he asked, ‘Noona, how much was the piece of the straw mat you wore yesterday ?’ I was shocked and told my fans that I will show them what a real celebrity is. But that post received a lot of attention and I was worried.”

She continued, “I was going back to Korea from Japan the next day so I went shopping. I was intimidated by the number of fans at the airport, but walked confidently.”

However, some people responded to the articles about IU’s airport fashion with comments like, “That’s her trying?“, and IU seemed unable to completely shake off the stress of airport fashion.

Source+Picture: Star News via Naver

WHA O.O
True Fans Would Never do that actually O.o
That's her trying? O.o
IU you're beautiful the way you are!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaNaiiMyMusic
Dami Kim
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: IU's News   Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 am

Rookie singer Juniel reveals her relationship with singer IU prior to her debut

Rookie singer Juniel who is increasingly gaining popularity with her charming voice and doll-like looks recently revealed her relationship with singer IU.

Juniel who has been dubbed as the “2nd IU” insisted during her interview that she was “not worthy enough to even be compared with IU“.

However, she did reveal her somewhat close relationship with IU. Juniel stated, “During my days as a trainee I personally met IU three times. A close older colleague of mine from elementary school was in the same entertainment as IU at that time. One day when I had free time and decided to meet up with that colleague, she had told me there was a “dongseng” she wanted to introduce me to. That person was IU.”

She continued with, “The first time we met we went to go see a musical together. The second time we met, we went to a karaoke room and had a blast. We also went to a café afterwards and talked for a really long time. Because we are both the same age, IU and I were able to speak comfortably and easily relate to one another pretty quickly.”

When Juniel was asked the question, “Do you two still hang out?” she shook her head and stated, “After we met about three times, I got rid of my phone to concentrate on training and rehearsing. That is when we stopped contacting each other and soon afterwards she had made her debut under the name IU. I’m not even sure if she remembers me. I haven’t had the chance to see her yet. ”

As for her title as the “2nd IU” Juniel stated, “I am extremely thankful of this title. However, I want to become a singer known for my own musical color and want to write legendary music. It has been four years since IU’s debut, but it has only been a week for me. I feel like I have received such a title because I have not had enough time to show everyone the kind of artist that I am. As time goes by and I have am more able to show everyone my own style of music, I believe that title will disappear. My goal is to showcase my own unique colors and become the best singer-song writer.”

Juniel, who was already widely known in Japan, made her debut in Korea on June 7th with her title song “Illa Illa“.

Source & Image: Star News
Credit: allkpop

*goin' to check out Illa Illa xD ~^_^*

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaNaiiMyMusic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IU's News   

Back to top Go down

IU's News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1