HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
coreana92

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:13 am

ohhh learning about Greek history is so interesting! thanks for the exchange of information guys.

Hi Flora, nice to meet you!! thanks for your comments, and I am happy to have found this forum.

lovely to meet you all!! hope we can continue to use this forum to exchange cultures,language etc. :D :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/haney.sora
Saezuruko-chan
♥♥♥

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:52 pm

waaaaaah!!!!!!!so excited!!!!!!
안녕하세요!!!!!!(and that's all the only thing i can write in korean...)
my name is melpo!!!!nice to know that korean people are interested in greek culture in history!!!!!
you can ask me anything u want to know!!!(i am quite good in history and ancient greek mythology!!!!...and i am also studying social anthropology..so i can tell u about customs and tradition if u want..)

nice to meet you anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~L.O.V.E boy~
Back to top Go down
http://saezuruko.deviantart.com/
coreana92

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi Melpo, nice to meet you! Annyeonghaseyo!!

thanks for your help :) If you have any questions about Korean culture I';d be happy to help. To be honest though, I don't know much about ancient Korean history... although I am interested in issues following the division of the North and South etc! <3

I think Greece is a beautiful country and hope to go there someday!

I have a question about Greek society: is Greece multicultural or is it quite homogenous like Korea is?

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Saezuruko-chan
♥♥♥

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 pm

good question!!!!!!
actually,even if they say that greece is a homogeneous country,that's not quite right...every place in greece has different customs and tradition..let's say that the main things that connects us is the language, the orthodox religion and maybe some same manners and customs.
to tell you the truth,when greece became an indipendent country in 1830,it was quite difficult to put all the greeks together and make them believe that they are the same.and that's because most of the greeks at that time,hadn't had in mind that they were ''greek'',but everybody had his local ''identity''..for example a habitant of athens felt like a habitant o athens,not like a habitant of greece...(quite difficult to explain..)
so that was actually a serious problem...but with time everybody got his national conscience...but u can still see wherever u will go the many differences between customs!!!and that's the fascinating thing about it!!!that everybody kept the old traditions(well..some overdo it..)
nowadays things change once again..because of the immigration..you see there are really many emigrants in greece..so...in conclusion..whoever says that greece is a homogeneous country is absolutely wrong!!!!

i did't know that south korea was a homogeneous country....i only read that japan is one of the most famous homogeneous countries in the world...i would like to know more about it!!!and ofcourse about the division of north and south korea!!!!

i hope i answered good enough to your question....if u don't understand anything please tell me right away!!!!!!

~L.O.V.E boy~
Back to top Go down
coreana92

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 pm

thanks for your answer :) :)

you're right. Japan is one of the most homogenous nations in the world, just as Korea is.

I think less than 1% of the entire population is consisted of foreigners, but this is slowly changing. a lot of South East Asian women from Vietnam, Phillipines, Cambodia are coming to South Korea as "mail order brides". also, there are many people teaching English in Korea because there is a huge demand for it.

and.... I guess there are foreigners who have married Koreans and are moving to Korea.

you'll find more mixed race Koreans in the USA.

the division between the North and the South occurred after Japan annexed Korea then was defeated by the USA.... the North being controlled by communism, the South recovering thanks to democracy. unfortunately, there are still tensions between the North and the South and the war has technically not ended.

I',m not sure how things will change when Kim Jong-Il dies.... maybe there will be a chance of reunification but I guess we'll never know untilk it happens !!
Back to top Go down
Saezuruko-chan
♥♥♥

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am

time will tell...you never know what may happen..
thank you very much for your answer!!!!
you said ''mail order brides''...do things like this still exist????oo my!!!!that's unbelievable!!!you mean women from other asian countries come in south korea in order to find a husband??i mean,they send each other their photo and then have an arranged marriage?don't they??
wow!!!i didn't know those things still happen!!!!!

~L.O.V.E boy~
Back to top Go down
coreana92

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:43 pm

yes you're right.... mail order brides is still a system that exists , particularly with South East Asian countries.

In South KOrea, the reason why this happens is to find brides in the countryside/ farming/ rural areas. in the rural areas which is a stark contrast from major cities like Seoul or Busan they have a shortage of females... so they "order" in women from places like Vietnam or Phillipines.

There are issues such as the language barrier and unfortunately there have been instances when the South Korean man (usually because he is less-educated) has acted violently towards the women. it's a sad issue, but there are also couples who are lucky enough to fall in love and have a happy life together !!! :)

Back to top Go down
Saezuruko-chan
♥♥♥

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:38 am

wow...that's something i didn't know...
well i knew this ''mail bride'' system,but i didn't know that it still exists in south east asian countries.
you know that system was popular also in greece once.actually my grandmother got married that way. what they used to do in greece was: some greek men who had immigrated in foreign countries like USA,Germany and Australia,wanted to marry girls from greece.so they would send something like a letter in which they asked for a greek bride.so really many girls from greece made long journeys to get married to a stranger actually.
that's what more or less happened with my grandmother.
that's quite an awfull thing,because not all couples ended up happily...

~L.O.V.E boy~
Back to top Go down
ellieBC
♥♥♥♥♥

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:12 am

hello there!!!
im so happy that we have a korean member here!!! i know that i should have welcomed you a long time ago but now i noticed this topic....(i am an idiot!! )
my name is ellie and im, as everyone else here ,interested in korean culture and asian culture in general!!! i hope you have fun here and help us understand more about korean culture as we have many questions about it.... :)

PostSubject: Re: annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)    Today at 9:16 am

Back to top Go down

annyeonghaseyo ... I'm Korean :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3